Friday, January 19, 2007

Where to begin ??



OK, so now I've got this blog. I'll have things I want to say and photos to show. But where to begin??

My profile says that I see the world as an amazing place (don't we all?).......but here is something to think about ....

Right now, less than 1% of the total landmass area of the United States is urban ........ but 80% of the US population is living in that urban environment - imagine that - 80% of us living in just 1% of the space available to us........and, many of you are totally unaware of the world outside that urban environment - unaware of 99% of your country.

Here's a peek at what some of you are missing...









6 comments:

Will said...

There's no way any of your posts are going to make me think. I can't allow that kind of unnecessariness.

Welcome to Cyberland

ptg said...

Love the pics! What kind of lens did you use for the clouds rolling over?

B.O.B. said...

Hey ptg - I'm glad that you like the pics....I shot the photo of the storm clouds with a Canon 18-55 and a Rebel XT set on auto exposure ...
B.O.B.

Party Girl said...

Very lovely. The deep thought before the pics is a thinker, hence the deep thought portion of my comment.

It makes me wonder, if there is that much open space, why do we feel the need to live stacked on top of each other?

B.O.B. said...

Party Girl ....
I think it's because we are becoming a lazy society and as a result, losing our independence, our self-reliance. We are becoming too dependent upon "government" to take care of us. The more laws that our government nannies pass to protect us from ourselves, the less thinking we have to do and the less decisions we have to make for ourselves . Once upon a time, we relied upon ourselves and our neighbors .... now we hardly even know our neighbors and we rely on our government .... pretty pathetic, huh??

Party Girl said...

I agree. We've become a herd society. Maybe a sheep society is more accurate. But that's a whole soapbox rant that I'll spare you from.


We're also a society that believes fences make great neighbors.